Smart Site Protection™:
Alarm event notification rules
Email notification rules:
- Emails will be sent when the first alarm event is triggered.
- New email will be sent upon a new alarm event being triggered.
- Emails will contain a link to the individual alarm event.
Email link will direct the user to the appropriate app based on the device being used. (i.e. If reading the email on your smart device, if the user clicks on the link they will be taken to the mobile app.)
Self-Monitoring Push Notification Rules
Workflow Rules for multiple users receiving push notifications:
- Intrusion Alerts sends push notifications to all individuals selected as a push contact for that site.
- Push notifications will continue to resend every 3 minutes until a user classifies it as a Threat/No Threat or the alarm event has closed.
- After a user classifies an alarm event (Yes/No Threat) push notifications will be silenced until the next alarm event.
- Users cannot change the verification status once the alarm event is closed.
- A warning will be displayed if a user tries to change a previously recorded classification.
- A push notification will be sent to the original user when their classification has been changed.
Envysion Professional Monitoring for SMS/Phone calls rules:
- Envysion Monitoring sends SMS messages to all individuals selected as an EM contact for that site.
- Anyone can respond to the SMS by texting or calling back.
- If no one responds after ~60 seconds, Envysion Monitoring will begin calling each contact starting with the Primary contact.
- If Primary contact does not respond, they will proceed to call the other contacts in alphabetical order.
- If no contact is made, police will be dispatched and a ‘Yes Threat’ confirmation SMS message is sent (Only in LIVE mode).
- If one person replies, “Yes threat” and another contact replies, “No Threat”, Envysion Monitoring will attempt to call the “Yes Threat” contact to confirm the threat, but will move toward dispatching if not able to reach them.