By Location summarizes discount data by the location at which the transaction was rung. This view allows users to compare locations’ discount activity side by side, and build reports targeting outlier locations, such as locations that are under or over a specified threshold on their employee meals as a percentage of their sales; a potential red flag for either theft of food (employees not ringing in their meals) or providing discounts to individuals who should not be receiving them.
By Location has two views:
- By Location, which navigates directly from the location to a list of all transactions matching the filter criteria
- By Location/Employee, which includes an additional summary view of all employees at that location who had transactions matching the filter criteria. In some instances where a larger subset of data is returned, this additional summary view can help target specifically which employees are potentially causing the location to be an outlier.
- Location: The name of the location.
- Employee: The name of the employee.
- Disc Amt: The total dollar amount discounted against transactions in this set.
- Disc Amt (%): The percentage of discounted dollars relative to the gross (pre-tax) sales. This percentage will adjust as filters will affect the discounted dollars, but not the gross sales.
- Disc Trans Qty: The number of discount transactions for the set
- Disc Trans Qty (%): The percentage of discounted transactions relative to all transactions.
- Avg Disc Amt: The total discounted dollars divided by the total discounted transactions for this set.
- Applied Disc (%): The average percent of the discount applied to transactions in the set.
- Trans Amount: The total amount of net dollars in the set.