Administrative User Setup:
Camera Discovery allows users with the EnVR Administration capability to automatically detect and add cameras to a site. This feature can be used to add cameras for first time setup, or to add one off additions to an existing site. This feature is available from the Envysion web app as well as the Envysion mobile apps for iOS and Android.
If you need to replace a single camera with a new camera please see the article for Replace Camera
Adding Cameras in the Web App
- Within Watch Video select the site to which you would like to add cameras
- Select Add Cameras from the top right or from dialogue that appears on a site with no cameras
- If the site you are using has a single EnVR continue to step 4. If the site has multiple EnVRs a list of those EnVRs will appear. Select a single EnVR to add cameras to then select Next.
- The EnVR will begin searching for any available cameras on the network. After the list of discovered cameras loads, check the box for any camera you would like to add, or choose the select all option to check all cameras, then select Next.
- If a camera is missing from the list see the troubleshooting section below
- Wait for cameras to be added to the system. The loading screen will provide an estimate of when the process should complete.
- Once the add is complete you will be automatically redirected to the Cameras page under Site Settings.
- To rename the cameras select the Edit pencil from the top right.
- Select the name for any camera you want to update and type the new name to be assigned.
- Assign the camera a “Display Order” integer value, to manage the order the views will appear in Watch Video.
- Once all cameras have been renamed appropriately select Submit
All cameras added will be assigned default values for their settings such as resolution and FPS. See Manage Camera Settings for information on how to adjust these settings once a camera has been added.
Adding Cameras in the Mobile App
- From the Watch Video tab select the site to which you would like to add cameras
- Select the “Edit” button in the top right
- Select the Add Cameras button for the EnVR to which you would like to add cameras
- The EnVR will begin searching for any available cameras on the network. After the list of discovered cameras loads, check the box for any camera you would like to add, or choose the select all option to check all cameras, then select Add Cameras.
- After the add has begun you will be redirected back to the site edit page. Wait for cameras to be added to the system. A banner will show at the top of the page to show status.
- Select a camera to rename.
- Select the name field for the camera and type the new name to be assigned.
- Select Save. The change will be applied and you will be redirected back to Site Edit.
- Repeat steps 6-8 as needed to rename additional cameras
- Once all cameras have been renamed appropriately select Submit.
All cameras added will be assigned default values for their settings such as resolution and FPS. These settings can currently only be updated from the web app.
Camera Not Detected
If a camera does not show up in the discovery list first verify the camera is turned on and the cables are properly connected, then refresh the list. From the web select the reload icon to refresh the list, from mobile pull the screen down.
If the camera still does not appear on the list verify the camera has the minimum required firmware version and update if required.
Finally, if the camera is still not shown after the steps above reset the camera back to factory default and try again.
Error Adding Camera
If a camera fails to add to the site, after step 5 of the web workflow you will be directed to a list of any failed cameras. Review the error received and follow any steps outlined.
If a camera fails to add to the site, you will be notified in the progress banner. Select “Show Errors” to review the details and follow any steps outlined.